Friday, February 16, 2007

After a morning full of homework, I have finally found time to write more of the story.


A light spread out around us. Blinding everything in its path. It broke the doors of the cell and as suddenly as it came, the light disapeard. People were out cold lying on the cell floors. Guards slumped over in their chairs. Jess and I were just as stunned as everyone would have been if they were conscious. We ran up the twisted steps right into the arms of Horitori and his personal escourt.

"How in the gods name did you escape? Never mind. Guards, deal with them. I have a meeting with the Duke of Chutney and I can't wait. Take them to the tower." But the guards couldn't get near us. The blinding light that disapeard left a shield to protect us. White sparks filled the air as the guards tried and tried again to come near us. Jess and I started towards the door which some of the guards were blocking. But as soon as we got within reach of their weapons, they ran away. We had complete control over them.

Jess grabbed my hand and we ran down the steps out of the palace. Everyone avoided us. Jess led me through the elven city. We dodged the emperors soldiers by taking the back ally ways. Once we got into the marketplace it was easy to lose the soldiers who were chasing us. The two of us tried to blend in, but when the soldiers are out, and you are not familiar looking it is a tough job.

We had entered the poor part of the city and just as soldier were about to cut us off, Jess pushed me into a door way. I tumbled head first into a pile of whatnot. He shut the door and stood plastered to it on the other side panting. I shook my head of whatever it landed in and stood up.

"Where are we?" I asked Jess.

"This used to be my home. It looks as if my friends have moved in here," He looked, distaste in his eyes. "They were never very good housekeepers. But from the looks of things I'd say that they have been gone for awhile,"

"What did you use to steal?" I asked him hoping that my question wouldn't cause him discomfort in some way.

"Whatever I could be paid for. Mostly I stole ornate objects, usually from the lords,"

Jess put a fingure to his lips. "Where did they go," a voice was heard from outside. He motioned for me to follow him. We quietly walked up the stairs to the roof. There high above the ground were bridges crossing over rooftop to rooftop.

"This is the highways of the thieves," Jess said holding he hand out and gestured. "Come," he said. We walked across the bridges hoping that no one would look up.

"Look, there they are," someone said.

"Okay, no we can run,"

Jess took the lead and I followed a heartbeat away from him. We got to an old bridge when I slipped off and alomst fell off if it hadn't been for the rope on the edge, which was begining to slip through my fingers.

"Jess!" I screamed clutching the rope now with one hand. I pulled up to grab another rope, but just as I got a good grip it would break on me. I looked over my left shoulder, the bridge was starting to snap off of its holding, and just down below were the soldiers looking up at me. Then some smart alec decided to shoot arrows at me. Jess skidded to a halt and turned at my shout. Running back, he slid to his stomach and reached out with his hand. I swong mt body enough so I could grab his hand with my left. Just as I did, the bridge broke free and I was falling, to my death.

2 comments:

Lucia said...

Sounds like a full morning, with homework and all. I can't wait until your next installment!
Lucie

Monkeybaby14 said...

so this is what u meant, by a good thing to stop @ because lucie just wants to hear more, and more! lol

-sarah*