Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Horses 3 Times

I get to ride horses three times this week. I am so thrilled. I went today and had a good ride. Snake was a bit pokey, but I didn't care that much, because I will have to work hard on Friday when I have my lesson. Then I get to go tomorrow as well. The most fun part is cantering, but then afterwards when I take off his bridle, he rubs his head against my back. He does that too when I take his halter off. He also loves to eat the huge carrots that I give him. I also helped out with the Penfield Rec program that was going on after I rode. Then on Sunday it is heave ho to Allegheny State Park for camping. We will be there for a whole week and I won't have internet. I won't be able to tell everyone about my really neat trip until I come home. I suppose that is for the best because then I can get in a lot of reading and outdoor activities.I plan on swimming, hiking ad maybe biking. My biggest fun is that a possible cute guy will be there. (Corners of mouth curl into a small smile while eyes light up.)

So we sifted the last amount of stones this morning and are adding stones to the garden now. But we are going to have to thin out some of the stones because there is not enough, and we cannot get less than two cubic yards of stones. That will be too much stones to deal with, not to mention that we won't have enough space to put them. So onward we will move stone until it is done. It means that this week before we go away it will be done. Then I get to paint the north side of the house with dad. I don't think I have worked this much in any of the summers that I have lived through. At least while I am scrapping, which is my favorite part, I can listen to music on my ipod. That will keep me occupied . The other good thing is that that side of the house in the shade. I won't die of the sun pounding down on all parts of me until the sweat drips down in buckets. Trust me, it is not a pretty sight. So basically I have no summer left because school starts the twenty fifth of August. That means I still need to get my books. Crap! Just another thing I have to deal with. Maybe if I get out of horses early tomorrow I can see if the used text book place near me has the books. That way I won't have to go all the way to Brockport to get them. Yuck! I hate the fact that it is about forty minutes from the house. I would really like to just live at home instead of at school. I am a home body, can't you tell.

The really good thing about it getting closer to school, is that I will be able to see my friend Clara. We are going to the Reniassance Festival, and she is also going to the same school that I am going to. I will not be the only one the id freaking out at the first day of school. I have to make new friends. I am terrible at that. Everyone who knows me must be saying "What! You terrible at making friends. You are so bubbly and outgoing," Well that may be true, but not at making friends. I work better if someone else does the talking, and I jump in. My favorite way of doing this is in class. I bring a book where ever I go because I am a nerd and love to read. Then while everyone thinks that I am reading and being antisocial, I eavesdrop on the conversations around me. That seems to work the best for me. It will be really hard, because I haven't had to make new friends like this for ten years. I knew a whole bunch of people at MCC, so it was no biggy. I know just Clara. I saw a few other people that I know there, but all of us are going for different degrees. So if I see them, it will be a miracle. At least I have a few of their emails. I will have the computer down there and I can send them things.

Well, I am going to go eat dinner because I am starving. I haven't had anything since 12:30. Everyone knows that I eat every two to three hours. So adios, and good tidings to all.

Alex

No comments: