Friday, August 24, 2007

PART 5

Magic always leavevs a trail no matter what. It was really easy finding my father because he liked using his power a lot. He was staying in a cave not far from Garados’s destroyed castle. So now all we had to do was to go back to the mainland.
“Mother, are you coming back with us?” I asked her as we got ready to fly.
“I wish I could Kel, but the angelic power I had to use to escape has worn me thin, not to mention the power I had to use to help you. Besides, you don’t need me. The five of you are stronger than the last guardians. But my love will go with you,”
She held out her arms and I squeezed her tight. When we at last stood apart, she smiled with the warmth that I always knew.
The five of us took to the sir. Griffen leading the way. Our clothes took form of the warrior. My mother flew next to us for a way.
“Bet you can’t do this,” she said, and with the last bit of energy that she had she twisted and looped in the air and then sped up dropping thirty feet closer to the water before she tightened her turn and zig zagged up towards us, coming to a short stop next to me again. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t manage the sharpe turns.
“You need to fly more,” she shouted as she dropped out behind us, going under a cloud.
Touch down was a success. From the sky we could see the ruins of Garados’s castle. From there we landed close by.
It was then that I felt a vibrating in the back of my breeches. It was the golden disc. Alexandra the Huntress krept out of the edge of the rubble.
Griffen stiffened at the sight of her. Alexandra’s eyes were on fire.
“Did you acomplish your mission Griffen?”
“He’s no longer your pet Huntress,” I spat as I stepped between them.
‘I suppose that he listens to you now,” I glared at her. “Well,” she said talking over my head, “If he knows what’s good for him, he will obey you. Tell him to give me the golden disc,”
“Why should I?”
“Why does it matter. You don’t even know what that disc does,” she retorted.
“But if you, Alexandra want it so bad, then it must be worth something,”
“If he doesn’t give it to me, then I will keep my promise,” Griffen hastily came forward.
“Give it to her Kel,” Alexandra smiled smugly.
“But Griffen,”
“Kel, if you love something, you will do everything to protect it,” he looked at me, his eyes pleading. I gave him the disc.
“Thankyou,” said Alexandra.
She climbed the rubble of Garados’s castle. Holding the disc high, she closed her eyes. Warm light rushed down fro the heavens, engulfing her with light. Swirls of blue and green moved round and round. The Huntress disapeard and the goddess before us.
“Why the ruse?” asked Kalob. “We would have jsut given it to you,” he said bluntly. Slowly the half transparent goddess came down the rubble.
“It was to test your love and trust for each other as well as other people. Not to mention that I can’t change back into the goddess without the disc. Garados is a wizard but also a theif and a trickster. The golden disc gives me extra power to transform me into a human. But without it I can’t change back. Garados, cunningly stole it form me in hopes of keeping me away. But he was fool enough to hid it in plain sight where a farmer found it. Consequently when Garados found the farmer, he had to burn the whole village. Garados cannot enter a holy temple,” Her voice, a laugh echoed. “I am still annoyed at how foolish he is, though it is funny,” She closed her eyes for amoment. “Genri has Garados. He is not far from here. I suggest that we go before it is to late,”

1 comment:

Lucia said...

I knew you wouldn't let Alexandra be bad! I knew it!