Friday, September 7, 2007

Contolling Powers

"No, don't hurt him," I screamed. It was only the golden chains holding me back. They had Jude paralized on the floor. No sign of life could be seen. I strained on my chaind that held me to the wall.
"Give us the amulet and he shall live,"
"He had nothing to do with it,"
"Anyone who entwins their life with yours is involved," a moan escaped from Jude's lips.
The chains extended enough just about to the place where I was able to touch his arm. His arms which held me the night before were ridgily out.
"Jude," I screamed.
"He cannot hear you because to him, at this moment in time, you do not exist,"
The tears rushed. If I give up the amulet, then the whole world would fall into chaos, but if I didn't my heart would be broken.
"I'll give you the amulet," I said quietly, but everyone heard. The gold chains fell and I flung the amulet away and ran to Jude. Tears continued to fall. When Jude realized what I did, he held onto me. They did'n't pay attention to us. All they could think about was contolling the world.


It seems like mostly everyone wants to control the world, at least in the good and evil books. They want to have that power over all. It is as if they don't have all of that power they would fall off the face of the earth. The power they crave they can only have with complete and total domination. What type of person would want to do that to a group of people? Why would they? They would have to be pretty sick in the head to want that. The chunk of story that I wrote came to me one night after I had watched a movie and it made me realize that there are many movies and books about real people who would do that. And consequently in the end made me sad to know that such people exist or existed.

No comments: