Friday, March 9, 2007

The air grew smoky and caught in my throat. I coughed and stayed low to the ground so that I wouldn't breath it in. All I heard were screams and animals screaming in fear. My head felt heavy and I couldn't focus My vison was blurred and spining. I collasped my breathing haggered until I blacked out.

I don't remember anything. Someone took me to a tree and laid me there. I came to and saw the burning village. Animals were running everywhere and people were fighting the ogers. Someone was next to me, but my brain was still foggy. But then something gross was shoved under my nose. The smell took over all of my incoherent thoughts.

"What the hell happened," I said with a start. Griffen was stooped down in front of me with that vile smell in his hands.

"They were using gas bombs that affected elves,"

"So?"

"Elven blood runs in you, thus the bomb will make you weak and the enemy can capture you,"

"The only person who could want me,...Garados," Griffen nodded grimly.

"We can not just stay here and do nothing. That's my village," Kalob shouted.

"If you want the whole oger army to know that we are here, go ahead, but there is nothing we can do. With there tremedous power and sneak attack, we are helpless. Our magic won't work on them either for they are under a spell. All we can do now is leave this place,"

Griffen led us and what part of the village people we had out of the village away into the night.

"Do you have any idea where we are going?" Kalob said to Griffen who was already in a bad mood because we had extra people with us.

"Just leave Griffen alone," Mathyus said.

"Why should I squirt?" Kalob said pushing Mathyus out of the way.

"That's enough," said Jess, who was at these point raving mad. A green glow came up and around him. Slowly vines wound there way arounf Kalobs ankles. "Just shut up, or these vines will suffocate you," he said fully irritated at Kalob for pushing around Mathyus.

"Fine," grumbled Kalob rolling his eyes. Jess let him go, but his anger was still flared.

When Kalob was out of ear shot, "I can't stand him. He thinks that he is the only one that matters," said Jess to me.

"He is upset that his home is gone, and that there was nothing that he could do about it.

"Still, he doesn't have to take it out on us,"

"You know, I wonder how Griffen knew that I had elven blood in me. I didn't even know, but it seems like Griffen knows everything about me,"

"He is strange," Jess said.

When we came to another village, we left Kalob's people there. Kalob wanted to stay, but we wouldn't let him, or rather the crystal wouldn't let him.

That night we camped out at the edges of some woods. I looked out over the grass land.

"How are we going to find Garados," I asked myself. But luckily that question would soon be answered.

1 comment:

Lucia said...

I'm so happy you updated! I always liked getting to this part of a story, because it's the part where you know the characters pretty well and feel for them. I want to find out more about Griffen, though. . .