Monday, July 30, 2007

Harry Potter

I have finished the new book a few days ago and was so excited because all of the loose ends were tied up, but also sad because now there wouldn't be any more books coming out.

I really liked the part where Harry looks into Snape's memories. I couldn't believe that Dumbledore knew what the outcome would be it Snape killed him. Rowling made Snape seem to be a bad guy, but he was only doing it on Dumbledore's orders. I want to know how Snape could keep up that double agent thing going on. You would think that Voldemort would notice. You also get to see that Snape was a caring person but that part of him was broken when Lily started to move away from him. But yet he still cared for here enough to plege his life to protect Harry, even though Harry stood for all that Snape hated. Rowling just makes Snape seem to have more depth then he did before.

I was also excited to finally read that Ron and Hermine kissed. I had to wait how many years to see that coming. I also had a huge hunch that Harry and Ginny would end up together. They were involved way too much not to be.

And when they are fighting, that was really good. Her descriptions were just enough to see what was going on. I thought that it would be very hard to pretend to be dead. But Harry seemed to manage it very well. Now if Voldemort was as strong as he said he was, wouldn't he be able to tell that Harry wasn't dead? But I suppose that he was so thrilled that he was finally gone that he didn't pay to much attention to the fact that he wasn't. He put his guard down. The only thing I didn't like to much was when Voldemort died. It was just really fast. I figure that because all of the other battles lasted fairly long, that this one would to.

Send me your thoughts on what I talked about or something else that really interested you.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Oh to answer your question usually I set them up camping in my room in their campers so yeah. This year though I might take them outside and take pictures of them.

annie

Annie said...

I forgot to tell you that I am going to set up my playmobils camping in my room but it will be their version of Keuka lake just in my room.

annie

Ian Dewey said...

I think that the fight with Voldemort had to be fast. He (Voldemort) didn't need (or want it seemed) to drag things out unnecessarily. All that was really needed was to use the killing curse and dispose of Harry, no strings attached. That's just what I think though.

Lucia said...

I loved the Voldemort fight. Harry being so calm and all was what really made me like it, and then the fact that everyone was there to see it. And the shock of him just coming out out of nowhere was exciting, too. Did you know how Neville killed the snake? It took me a little while to figure out that he had pulled the sword out of the sorting hat. But when I did, it all made since. I thought that she should have put more closer on the whole thing, like, who the minister of magic would be after everything settled. And what the article in the Daily Prophet was the next day and stuff. Detail. There could have been 100 more pages.